TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTRACT - HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION
Full rental fee and bond monies are payable by the guest/s in advance and before the keys to the property are released. All bookings are subject to negotiation and approval with owners. A booking may be cancelled or altered by the owner at any time. In the event of this occurring, we will endeavour to find alternative accommodation. Mansfield Holiday Letting cannot be held responsible for the action taken by the owner, third party or unforeseen event occurring beyond our control. It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure that the information you provided when making your reservation in our booking system is correct. This includes dates booked and amounts charged.
2. Payment of bookings
To secure a reservation, a 50% deposit is required within 48hrs of making the booking. Should your deposit not be paid by this time, the booking may be automatically cancelled.
If a booking is made within 14 days of the arrival date, the full amount is required. For bookings made within 7 days of the arrival date, immediate payment is required.
The final balance on all bookings is to be paid at least one week prior to arrival in addition to the Security Bond. . We accept credit card (VISA, Mastercard), cash and EFT. Please note credit card payments incur a 1.3% surcharge. All bookings incur a $50 booking fee. Please note by paying your deposit, you are authorising the use of your credit card for the balance payment and security bond.
3. Booking sight unseen
If you book a property over the phone or via photos on the Internet without viewing the property in person, we cannot be held responsible for any change to the property or misconception of the description. Whilst every effort is taken to provide
correct information, inventories may change and the Agent/Owner takes no responsibility for this.
4. Changes and Cancellations
We understand that it is sometimes necessary to change the dates of a booking. You cannot change properties. Should you wish to change the dates we will try to fit in with your needs, but if this is not possible and you cannot continue with the booking, then you understand that these cancellation conditions will apply. If you cancel in writing at least thirty days before your arrival date we will refund all rent monies that you have paid, less a $50 booking fee and 1.3% processing fee.
In the event of an State of Disaster or Government Enforced Restrictions (eg: COVID) preventing guests from travelling and/or staying, Mansfield Holiday Letting will provide a full refund less the $50 Booking Fee.
a) If you cancel within thirty days of your arrival date then you accept that we retain the full amount that you have paid.
However, we will endeavour to take a replacement booking and in such cases we will refund to you an amount equivalent to the rental monies received for the replacement booking, less a $50 booking fee and 1.3% processing fee.
b) Alternatively, the credit may be transferred to alternative dates at the same property within 6 months of the original booking, to the same monetary value. If the cancellation is made within 7 days of your arrival date you cannot change the
dates and section a) above will apply.
5. Security Bond
A security bond between $500 - $1,500 is required for each booking.
By accepting and making full payment of your holiday accommodation booking you are authorising Mansfield Holiday Letting to process a Security Bond Payment on a nominated credit card
Bonds will be refunded within 7 days of departure, subject to the property being left in a clean condition with no damage. No keys will be issued until the security deposit has been paid.
6. Tariffs Are current and are subject to change without notice. No responsibility is accepted for error and omissions on any websites.
7. Maximum numbers of Guests The number of guests utilising the rental premises at any time must not exceed the number of beds provided or the number agreed to in writing with Mansfield Holiday Letting at the time of booking. Significant Penalties will apply for additional guests, unless prior written consent has been provided by Mansfield Holiday Letting.
8. Unauthorised Events/Functions/Weddings Properties we manage are to be used purely for holiday accommodation only. A charge of $2500.00 will be incurred should any type of function be held in the property.
9. Arrivals and departures Check in is 3.00pm and check out is 10.00am on the day of departure. Late check outs must be confirmed by agent in writing PRIOR to guests check in.
10. Keys : Keys will be available onsite at the property (via a coded lock box)
You will be sent an email during the week leading up to your arrival to confirm property details and your access code.
11. Smoking All properties are non-smoking indoors without exception.
12. Damage As a guest, you are responsible for all damages, breakages and losses incurred during the term of your occupancy. All damages, breakages and losses must be replaced, paid for or made good to the satisfaction of the owner/agent. This includes replacing/recutting lost keys. Any existing damage must be reported to the agent on the day of arrival. Not notifying the agent at this time may result the guests being held accountable for damages.
13. Fires on Properties Outdoor fires are prohibited on all properties unless there is a clearly designated area. Please discuss with Mansfield Holiday Letting. CFA and local council restrictions and conditions apply. Fires on properties where there is no designated area may result in loss of bond.
14. Pets No animals are permitted in any of our properties, unless the property is deemed pet friendly by the Agent/Owners. (Assistance Dogs are acceptable – conditions apply). The guest must have written consent from agent, even if the property is deemed and advertised as pet friendly so appropriate cleaning measures are in place post guest stay. Pets reported at properties without written agent consent will result in loss of bond funds. All bond monies will be automatically forfeited and you will be required to vacate the premises immediately if pets are found on the rented property without prior consent. Please consult Mansfield Holiday Letting before bringing any pets to properties and please adhere to the following pet rulings: a) All dog droppings must be removed from premises prior to departure. b) Your dog must not under any circumstances without prior consent be taken inside the premises. c) A fee of $50 is charged for properties and payable with the balance of your accommodation as Mansfield Holiday Letting policy stipulates the use of flea bombs after pets have stayed at any property. d) The owner of the dog is liable for any damage caused to the premises or resulting loss suffered by the property owner. It is the occupier’s responsibility to ensure their dog is suitably restrained within the rear yard of the premises.
e) A barking or aggressive dog will not be tolerated under any circumstances and may result in the termination of your booking.
f) If there is found to be any infringement relating to any of the above, Mansfield Holiday Letting has the right to request immediate vacation of the premises without refund.
15. Personal property No responsibility will be taken by the agent or owner for guests’ possessions left at the property. If any items are left and need to be returned, a self-addressed post bag is to be sent to our office for item/s to be retrieved. We will keep any lost property for a maximum of 3 months, after which, any items left will be thrown out.
16. Call out fees Should there be a need for one of our staff to come out to the property for reasons deemed unnecessary by Mansfield Holiday Letting a call out fee will apply. For urgent after hours assistance please call 0401 064 764
17. Telephone and Internet service I/We acknowledge that unless otherwise stated, telephone and internet access is not available to the holiday accommodation.
18. Repairs I/We agree to permit all repair and/or service personnel to enter the Property for the purposes of conducting any repair, service or maintenance deemed necessary by the Property Owner/Agent.
19. Water usage: With water restrictions firmly in place for the district there is strictly no water use outside such as filling pools, washing cars or boats &/or watering gardens etc. Most properties are also on tank water and therefore water is not in abundance, so please ensure that you use it wisely by having shorter showers and do not leave any taps running. If it becomes evident that water usage has been extreme, you may be faced with additional fees, or a bond claim may be sought.
Hot Water: Please be aware of your consumption of hot water. Please limit showers to no more than 5 mins to ensure your household has sufficient hot water for your stay.
20. Cleaning We ask that the properties be treated as your own and left as you found them. It is the guest’s responsibility to clean the BBQ ($55) fee if left uncleaned). Any excess cleaning or rubbish removal will be deducted from your bond. Please leave the property in a reasonable state of cleanliness and how you found it, neat and tidy. A certain amount of time is allocated to the cleaner, ensuring the house is welcoming for the next guests. If extra cleaning is found to be necessary, the cost will be deducted from your bond. We appreciate the following items to be complete before you return keys to our office:
• Wipe over benches
• Ensure you have done the dishes (please empty the dishwasher)
• Wipe out the fridge
• Turn off all lights and appliances
• Check that all windows and doors are locked
• Take your rubbish to the bin (pls refer to Section 21. on rubbish)
21. Rubbish Please place all rubbish in outside bins and place bins on kerb at time of departure. If your rubbish exceeds the limits of the bins you will need to take this with you and dispose of appropriately. Please do not leave any rubbish outside/next to the bins. The Mansfield Shire Council has introduced a new ‘Carry In Carry Out’ policy which is currently in effect. This is to encourage all visitors to our Shire to take their waste home with them or dispose of it at Council’s Resource Recovery Centre if the property’s domestic bins are full. Council will extend the operating hours of the Mansfield Resource Recovery Centre to be open 9.00am – 5.00pm, seven days per week from late December to the end of January. The Resource Recovery Centre is located in Monkey Gully Road, Mansfield and can be contacted on 03 5775-8555 NB: Charges may apply if excess rubbish is left at the property and not disposed of correctly and as per the above terms Further information can be found at http://www.mansfield.vic.gov.au/councilservices/environmentandwastemanagement/wastemanagement/resourcerecoverycentre.aspx
22. Noise Please be mindful or neighbouring properties and residents and use common courtesy regarding noise. If noise restrictions are breached, police required to attend property or continual complaints from neighbouring properties, you may be risk of losing your security bond.
As per the EPA Guidelines;
‘Noise pollution is sound at a level that is annoying, distracting or physically harmful. This can mean different things to different people.
In residential areas, an acceptable level of noise for one person may be unacceptable to another. It can also depend on the time of the day and the nature of the noise’ Noise Restrictions based on Music/loud gatherings etc. Monday to Thursday: before 7 am and after 10 pm. Friday: before 7 am and after 11 pm. Saturday and public holidays: before 9 am and after 11 pm. Sunday: before 9 am and after 10 pm. For further information: http://www.epa.vic.gov.au/your-environment/noise/residential-noise/prohibited-times-for-residential-noise
23. Sale inspections If the holiday accommodation is currently listed for sale, then I/we agree to permit the Agent to conduct inspections with prospective purchasers upon reasonable notice and at a mutually convenient time.
24. Privacy All personally identifying information that you provide voluntarily (e.g. name, address and phone number) will only be used by Mansfield Holiday Letting to respond to your enquiry and to provide our services and to offer you other products or services that we believe may interest you. Mansfield Holiday Letting will not sell, trade, share or licence the information you provide to any other entity.
25. Disclaimer Mansfield Holiday Letting does not accept liability in contract or tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by “force majeure” or other events which are beyond our control or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, extreme weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents, theft to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action. For the avoidance of doubt, the Cancellation Policy applies to cancellations by reason directly or indirectly related to events which are beyond our control including warnings issued by any authority.
26. Indemnity The guest: a) Uses and occupies the premises at his/her own risk; and b) Indemnifies the owner against any liability, which may attach to the owner as a result of injury or loss being personal or proprietary suffered by any person where any injury damage or loss has been contributed to or caused by any act or occasion of the guest or his/her agent.
By making payment of your accommodation booking, you are accepting and bound by Mansfield Holiday Letting’s Terms and Conditions Contract, and should you breach any of the noted Terms and Conditions then you will be at risk of losing your Security Bond